Updates in the SIMSme Business app for iPhone and Android:
– MUTE CHANNEL: Channels can now be individually temporarily or permanently muted. Users of the app will then receive fewer notifications according to their wishes. This is just helpful with somewhat “loud” RSS channels.
– CONTACT LISTS: In the administered lists, users are now displayed with name, department/function, and SIMSme-ID or email address. This allows colleagues to be found even faster.
– TRUST STATUS: Red – yellow – green: The color coding of SIMSme business contacts also works as simply as a traffic light. At a glance, users recognize how confident they can be about their chat partner’s identity. Well-known contacts, for example, from administered directories, groups, and channels are now green by default and marked with “INTERNAL.”
Updates to the Management Cockpit for administrators:
– PARALLEL WORKING: Admins can now work on the Management Cockpit in parallel. This is especially useful when several people are preparing to roll out the app to employees and, for example, are creating users in parallel and configuring the app’s design.
– API SYNC: Synchronization via API now ensures that user data from integrated directories is updated fully automatically and continuously. The process runs in the background without administrators having to do it manually.
– MULTI-DOMAINS: Large organizations often use several domains in their communications. For example, employees in Germany have an email address with the .de extension, whereas international colleagues use .com. SIMSme Business now supports multi-domains related to Enterprises Mobility Management (EMM) solutions for easy rollout across the organization.